India is well known for its ancient Hindu history. Still, we find traces of our ancient civilizations. Though foreign invaders tried to destroy lots of temples, evidence, scriptures, we still have some of these which kept safe. One of the most well-known mysterious things was the creation of Secret society named as “ Nine Unknown Men of Ashoka”. It has been formed over 2000 years ago by King Ashoka. He created this organization to keep the world safe from the evil-minded people. But, is this organization still present? Do they control the world? How they work and what is the main work they do? Let’s put some light on these subjects.
The evidence of this society creation was rooted back in 226 BC during Emperor Ashoka. He was the grandson of Chandragupta Maurya who founded Maurya Empire. He ruled the 75% Indian subcontinental region. Ashoka was a brave and great king. He was very anxious to expand his empire. He carried on his grandfather’s legacy furiously and maintain the empire.
In the region between Calcutta and Madras, the Kalingan’s resisted the Maurya rule, leading to an all-out war. Ashoka’s vastly superior forces are said to have killed over 100,000 of Kalinga’s warriors and deported over 150,000 of the region’s villagers. Even though he had won the war, Ashoka was aghast at the carnage such a victory entailed. From then on, he swore off violence forever.
So, he moved towards Buddhism and swore to adopt nonviolence. He was known for conversion and spreading Buddhism in China, Mongolia, Malaya, Ceylon, and Indonesia. He feared that if anyone possesses the power what consequences the world could face. He felt this because of his previous war and massacres of Kalingan army and people. So, he decided to make a society to gather and collect all the important subject’s information which is crucial for a human being to remain in peace and harmony. But, this task was not a single man’s work. So, he sought the most brilliant minds in his reign. He chose nine men to work together. These nine men together formed a secret society called” Nine Unknown Men”. Each of them was given nine different subjects. Their task is to learn, collect and write the data in their book. They have to keep on learning and writing the new knowledge.
The Nine Unknown Men would use an ancient and secret language. Each would be the guardian of a constantly rewritten book that contains a detailed statement of science. Let’s see the nine topics here:
- Propaganda: The first book dealt with techniques of propaganda and psychological warfare. “The most dangerous of all sciences is that of molding mass opinion because it would enable anyone to govern the whole world,” according to Mundy.
- Physiology: The second book discussed physiology and explains how to kill a person simply by touching him or her, known as the “the touch of death,” simply by the reversal of a nerve impulse. It is said that the martial art of Judo is a result of “leakages” from the second book.
- Microbiology: The third volume focused on microbiology and biotechnology.
- Alchemy: The fourth dealt with alchemy and transmutation of metals. According to another legend, in times of severe drought, temples and religious relief organizations received large quantities of gold from “a secret source.”
- Communication: The fifth book contained a study of all means of communication, terrestrial and extraterrestrial. Alluding then that the Nine Unknown Men were aware of an alien presence.
- Gravity: The sixth book focused on the secrets of gravitation and actual instructions on how to make the ancient Vedic Vimana, (like Vaiminika Shastra on aerospace technology).
- Cosmogony: The seventh contained cosmogony and matters of the universe.
- Light: Light is the eighth topic where how to use the light including the speed as a weapon
- Sociology: The ninth and final book discussed sociology. It included rules for the evolution of societies and the means of foretelling their decline.
These nine topics, nine men have to keep updated and keep away from the human beings. The number of members is always a nine. If someone is going to be dead or having health issues and unable to carry on the work, he has to choose his successor to work on it without any halt. Those Nine unknown men could be anyone, your relative, politician, army men, saint, etc. No one knows the real identity of these men. They have to maintain the distance from the world. The main goal of this society is to maintain the knowledge and keep on updating it. You see Knowledge holds the power!! If someone possesses this nine kind of knowledge, there would be the major effect in international politics or maybe there will be the next WORLD WAR!!
Shishir Kharade is a Digital Marketer from the city of “Preeti-Sangam”- Karad. He has done B.E(Electronics) from K.B.P. College, Satara. Now, he is working as a Digital Marketer, Graphic Designer, Blogger for almost 4 years.